Saturday, March 17, 2012

B1A4 | Baby I'm Sorry


Of all Kpop newbies, B1A4 sure did catch my attention when they first debuted with OK-GO. I know right, who didn't. Yet, I don't know why, most Kpop newcomers that were trying to break into the scene nowadays doesn't bring that much impact that I was expecting from them. Instead, most of them looking more like a wannabes and sounded the same. 

I'm sorry I was speaking the honest truth. Still, how much different is B1A4 compared to those other group that I was trying to compare to. Give me a sec...actually, I see no difference but but but...they sure did have 'something' that makes me wanna see and listen more from them and their music.

Let's take one of their hit single "Only Learned Bad Things", as a guy, I can pretty much say that I'm diggin' the song without even have to look at the mv. In other words, their producer really did a good job without even have to stressing much on the looks. Yes, they do have this pretty boy image as one of their marketing strategy but on top of that, their music sounded pretty as well.


Come down to this, it's time that I'm making some review on their latest promotion and music video, 'Baby, I'm Sorry'.

[1| Teaser Image]
Finally, somebody do understand the definition of a teaser image. I see most Kpop like to came up with a teaser image to indicates their comeback. It's a way of telling the fans that "this is the kind of concept we wil be using for our upcoming music video". But I see no resemblance once the video is out. For instance, Super Junior's Bonamana Teaser Image which telling a concept of hype and funky with bright colors and stuff. EMO is how the video ended up to be. Oh, well...but for this teaser image, you can tell they using the same clothes in the video as well. Thumbs up.


[2| Music]
I like the beat, the music sounds awesome as well but I have a feeling like they were trying to mix 2 or 3 songs in one. For instance, Baro rapping in the beginning sounds dark-ish (Outsider kinda) I must say. It was then transited to Sandeul's auto-tuned then BAM it's actually a dancing-party songs. Afterwards, it's getting cute-er at min 1:30 and it was all mixed up towards the end. I wonder what the song is actually about? Depression, after-break-up song or they just wanna throw a party, that's all. Mmmhh..

[3| Music Video]
Since the music and some of the lyrics already confusing me (tho' relying to only the English words for my understanding is not a good idea), I find it even more confusing by watching the video.


Did someone else noticing CNU dramatic scene when he's trying to getting rid of his past memory at 2:34.  He was like taking his moment, almost in tears...and so we get it. But wait, what the heck did Jinyoung singing 'Dancing Party Time, Dancing Party Tonight' with a smile on his face. Is Jinyoung the devil that stir the relationship. Bummer*

So, what is the MV is actually about?
a) Baby, I'm sorry that we cannot be together
b) Baby, I'm sorry I steal your girlfriend -Jinyoung
c) Baby, I'm sorry for party rocking


[4| Dance]
I like their 'leg's floor-sweeping' dance. But I've to point out that their signature dance still rules in this video, the jumping. lol

And so, I end this post.
5th MK

p/s: in the mood of writing, as you can tell.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...